College of Speech Language and Hearing Sciences made a benchmark in the history of Karachi, by making Dr. Ziauddin Hospital the first private hospital in the city to house a Speech Language and Hearing Sciences facility. The services provided at the speech language therapy clinic include identifying, diagnosing and treating adults and children with:
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder
- Cleft lip / palate and maxillofacial disorders
- Hearing Impairment for adults and children
- Language disorders for adults with aphasia or communication difficulties.
- Language disorders for children with specific language impairment, mental retardation, Down’s syndrome, Autism Spectrum disorder, learning disabilities and more.
- Neurogenic speech disorders
- Voice disorders
- Swallowing disorders
The speech language therapy clinic not only treats patients with speech language and swallowing disorders, but also performs prevention and early intervention activities that include:
- Early identification and intervention services for communication and swallowing disorders.
- The clinic offers various training sessions exclusively for parents / caregivers; this also promotes in forming an active parent support group.
- Professional training of teachers on how to deal with students with communication deficits in daily activities.
- The clinic also offers a one year diploma in childhood development and psychopathology.
- Commencement of vital stim and aphasia support group at Dr. Ziuddin hospital.
- Ward visits to Dr. Ziuddin hospital on regular basis for evaluation and treatment of swallowing disorders.
SLT-Clinic is the only clinic offering LSVT LOUD for people with Parkinsonism and other adults and children with other neurogenic conditions.